When it comes to relocation, there are a lot of guides about the pre-relocation process. But what about unpacking after the move? Now you probably think that there’s not much to think about unpacking. However, it is as much important as packing. Yes, you’ve read it well. Believe us, if you don’t have the right unpacking plan, many things can go wrong. Your belongings may get damaged and broken. Also, without a plan, you’ll probably spend a lot of time sitting among a bunch of boxes unpacking. Don’t know where to start from unboxing after the move from Brickell to Wilton Manors? Star from reading City Movers‘ guide. Here are some tips & tricks for unpacking effectively. We hope it will be helpful.
The importance of proper unpacking
As the relocation is over and your Brickell FL movers unloaded your boxes from the moving truck, here comes the last part of your relocation process – unpacking. You probably know that the after-the-move process can prolong for days, even weeks if you don’t start unboxing and arranging your home immediately. In order to avoid having boxes all around the house, it’s essential to start unpacking as soon as possible. If not, you may come across many issues. For example, you need clothes or house appliances. That means that you must open various boxes to find what you need, which may lead to a mess. And, nobody wants a mess in their home after the long and overwhelming moving process. That’s why you should make a plan for unpacking. Again, planning makes the difference. If you are not sure where to start from, read on.
Where to start unpacking after the move from Brickell to Wilton Manors?
First of all, make a plan. To make an effective plan, prioritize your unpacking using the inventory list. You can even make a deadline. If you have an essential box, start unpacking from there. That will make you feel comfortable and stay organized. Then move to the following:
- Unpack your plants first: Plants are the last to pack and the first to unpack since they are the most fragile. But do it carefully. Don’t put them immediately in a very bright spot. Let them adapt little by little. Find a suitable place and then water them.
- Unload, unpack and assemble the furniture: The next thing to do is to arrange your furniture. If you have a floor plan, this will be easy to do. Follow the instructions and assemble your furniture. Furniture makes a house a home. Then move on to unboxing.
- Unpack room by room: Start from the room of your highest priority. Our recommendation is to start from the kitchen (and kitchen appliances) and bathroom. Before you start unpacking, put the labeled boxes in the room they belong to avoid mess.
- Unpack the glassware and other fragile items: After you’ve finished with the unpacking of the bulky things, move on to unpacking the rest of the things. Handle the fragile items with care and place them where they belong to.
- Unbox your clothes: Clothes can be the last thing to unpack because they are not so important as other items. You can do this step by step. There’s no need to rush. First, unpack the clothes for the current season. You can leave other clothes in vacuum bags and unpack them later.
Room by room unpacking tips and tricks:
The first most important tip is to organize as you pack. Of course, use the previous list as a guide on where to start from. Then, organize your space and unpack room by room. It’s always good to start from the kitchen.
- Kitchen: unpack kitchen appliances and plug them in. Then, unpack the glassware and silverware and put them in the kitchen cupboards and cabinets. Next, unpack pots and pans.
- Bedroom: First, unpack the beddings and get your beds ready. Then, arrange the decoration such as lamps, pictures, and your makeup table. Next, move on to closet organization. Use drawer and wardrobe dividers.
- Bathroom: Since bathroom furniture is already there, there are not many things to arrange in the bathroom. Unpack towels, toiletries, and other items such as medications, shower curtains, etc. Consider unpacking the bathroom upon arrival at your new home.
- Kids’ room: If you have children, unpack their rooms first. Unpack their essentials so they can easily settle down and feel comfortable from the very beginning.
- Utility rooms: The last things to unpack are the garage, basement, attic, and other utility areas. But, unpack the tools for assembling the furniture.
If you need some help with the unpacking, you can always use our packing services Miami. Our movers and packers can also help you unpack your stuff.
Unpacking supplies you’ll need
Unpacking also requires you to have unpacking materials. Here’s an ultimate unpacking kit you’ll need:
- Box cutter
- Allen wrenches (hex keys)
- Other tools for assembling the furniture
- Trash bags, etc.
Hire professionals to help you unpack after the move from Brickell to Wilson Manors
The last but not least, have some help around. Yes, you can do the unpacking yourself, but have some assistance for faster settling in. Movers not only help you with the relocation process but also with the process after the move. Get in touch with movers Wilton Manors and ask them to give you a hand after you move from Brickell to Wilton Manors. With their help, you won’t only save a lot of time, but you’ll also avoid headaches and stress. Also, you’ll overcome any post-relocation obstacles you may come across. Most importantly, your belongings will be unpacked safely and securely free from any damage. So, have a fresh start by making a good plan, and settle down as soon as possible. Enjoy this new chapter in your life. Hope this article was helpful to you.