Looking for a Hermosa Beach Movong Company?
Do’s and Don’ts of Long Distance Moves
When you are out there looking for a Hermosa Beach moving company to help you with your long distance move, there are a number of things you should avoid doing. A few of these tips may seem quite obvious but a number of people overlook them and it leads to small aggravations that could have been easily avoided. So when you are moving, always remember the following things:
List of Dont’s
● Do not work with a Hermosa Beach moving company that only accepts cash
One of the first things to ask upfront are the payment options they have available, especially for long distance moves. Since you and all your things will be travelling a long distance, they will be out of your sight for a long time so you need to make sure the movers you chose really work to get their pay. It’s a common tactic for rogue movers to get as much cash as they can upfront, legitimate companies usually have no issues taking credit cards.
● Do not pay until everything you own is unloaded
Once your things arrive, make sure to count all your boxes twice to see if anything is missing. Take note of your inventory and do not sign anything until you are sure it’s all there. Once you’ve signed papers that state you have gotten everything, going after the company to say that something is missing becomes difficult.
● Do not sign anything you don’t fully comprehend
Moving is tricky, long distance moving is even trickier. There will be more paperwork involved and it isn’t unusual for certain things to need extra clarification. Make sure you ask your Hermosa Beach moving company to explain anything you don’t understand and if it applies to your move.
● Don’t pack important items
There are a lot of things you should not pack such as jewelry, passports, important records and other documents. It is imperative that you carry these yourselves.
● Don’t wait to make a claim
Upon arriving in their new home, most people simply want to unpack and begin adjusting. This is why a lot of people choose to wait a few days or even weeks if they notice anything damaged or missing during the move. The longer you wait, the harder it becomes for your claim to be accepted.
List of Do’s
● Give yourself plenty of time to find the right Hermosa Beach moving company to hire and research the company you’ve chosen.
● Ask how the movers have arrived at their estimate.
● Politely request for the mover’s company tariffs so you can see the maximum costs and how they are calculated.
● Discuss insurance and find what what your options are. Most Hermosa Beach movers offer insurance based on weight rather than value.
● If working with a big Hermosa Beach moving company, ask if they are acting as a broker. If yes, ask who will do the actual move and do a background check on both companies.
● Check to make sure that the calculated weight does not include the weight of the moving truck.
● Be present when they are loading the truck and unloading the truck. Make sure everything is accounted for being signing any paperwork.